Deputy Headteacher Vacancy
Woodlands Park Primary School
Leadership Scale L4 – 9
Permanent, Full Time from 1 January 2019.
- Based at Woodlands Park Primary School, Abbot Road, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 9TF.
- Working as part of the Westcountry Schools Trust (WeST).
- Flexible teaching commitment (approximately 0.5 fte).
- Visits by appointment 10-26 September 2018.
- Closing date: Friday, 28 September 2018 at 9.00 am.
- Interview dates: w/c Monday, 8 October 2018.
Required to start 1 January 2019, WeST has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational individual to take on the position of Deputy Headteacher to work alongside the Headteacher in leading a dedicated and innovative team at Woodlands Park Primary School maintaining their outstanding reputation and outcomes. If you are an energetic individual, willing to provide a visible and accessible presence within the whole school community, then we can offer you the opportunity to work in a beautiful location with highly motivated pupils, a dedicated and supportive teaching team and governing body along with a thriving school community.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Inspires children and has a proven track record of success.
- Believes in an inclusive school, is passionate about teaching and learning and has a clear understanding of leading a creative curriculum alongside academic excellence.
- Possesses a clear and wide-ranging vision for school improvement.
- Builds confidence, recognises potential, celebrates achievement and possesses a commitment to whole school professional development.
- Has the determination, enthusiasm & vision to meet the challenge of driving this great school forward and working effectively as part of a multi academy trust.
- Has recent and vibrant leadership experience.
- Can communicate effectively with the school community and develop positive relationships.
- Can motivate, challenge and support colleagues to improve outcomes for pupils.
- Has a deep understanding of Key Stage 1 and Early Years pedagogy.
- Has worked as a Safeguarding Lead or is willing to develop into this role.
For an information pack and application form and details of how to visit the school, you can visit our website at http://www.woodlandspark.devon.sch.uk or contact us by
email at email@example.com or Telephone: 01752 690046.
Please apply by 9.00 am on Friday 28 September 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.