Support for Families
NSPCC - HELPLINE - 0800 136633
Lucy Faithfull Foundation working to protect children - https://www.lucyfaithfull.org.uk/
A message from the Police -
We’ve seen a lot of changes across the nation recently. People are being isolated from friends, family and colleagues.
Enforced isolation may cause an increase in domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is never ok.
If you or someone you know is suffering abuse - help is available, visit:
- Victim Care Unit – 01392 475900
- First Light (Safer Futures) – 0300 777 4777
- Devon Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0345 155 1074
- Cornwall Domestic Abuse 24hr Helpline - 01872 225629
- Women’s Aid – 0808 2000247
- Male Domestic Violence Advice Line - 0800 3283623
- Galop - DV Advice for Lesbian, Gay, Bi Sexual and Transgender - 0800 5875247
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0808 2000247
- In an emergency, always dial 999
SPLITZ - https://www.splitz.org/
DEVON FAMILY ADVICE LINE
A new phone advice line for parents and carers across Devon launched on Monday 1 June. The number for the new service is 01392 949059 and it will be manned from 10 – 2pm Monday to Friday. People will be able to leave a message outside of these hours, or when the operators are all busy.
It will offer advice on a specific issue around their children and their family relationships, including any communication issues or conflict they are having with their partners or co-parents of their children. It is not meant to be a replacement for more targeted work, but just a way to offer people a place to be heard and a few tips on how to deal with a particular situation or to signpost them to an organisation which may be able to help them.