Children in year six apply to become coaches each academic year. The coaches' role within school is to support Year 3 children with their learning behaviours. The coaching role provides opportunities for the Year 6 pupils to develop their leadership, organisation and planning skills.
Quotes from Year 6's about the coaching role:
- "Working with younger children is a challenge."
- "You need to be resourceful and a good role model."
- "You need plenty of energy."
Quotes from Year 3's about working with their coaches:
- "They have to plan and keep us safe."
- "They work hard to be organised."
- "It is special working with the year 6s."